This is the first week of our spring/summer CSA season and that means one thing...greens! For inspiration in the kitchen , we'll be posting several recipes this week using a variety of greens. First up is Banana Breakfast Sushi. This recipe is slightly adapted from the blog Choosing Raw and utilizes collards to make a delicious and easy breakfast wrap.
Banana Breakfast Sushi
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1 banana
- 1 large collard, kale, or romaine lettuce leaf
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Cut the thickest part of the stem of your leaf wrapper out with a “V” shaped cut.
- Spread the tablespoon of almond butter into the crease of the leaf.
- Drizzle it with about a teaspoon of maple syrup
- Cut your banana in half, and layer it so that it’s straight in the center of the leaf.
- Fold up all of the edges bottom edges, and then and wrap it up neatly from right to left.
- Slice into 3-5 pieces (depending on the length) and enjoy!