Friday, September 24, 2010

Baked Kale Chips

This is a well-loved favorite of many CSA members, but I wanted to share it with new members that may not have yet discovered this tasty treat! (The following recipe is courtesy of AllRecipes.com.)

Baked Kale Chips
Serves 6

Ingredients
1 bunch kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon seasoned salt

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. With a knife, carefully remove kale leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite-sized pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
3. Bake until edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. This was my first kale recipe; it was yummy freshly made - we'll see how the leftovers go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this recipe. One of my daughters told me how great they are and my kale from this week is sitting in the frig waiting for inspiration. I am now inspired!
    k

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for this! How long will the chips keep? And what is the best way to store after cooked? I'm going to do this today and see how my 9month old takes to them. yay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also added a tablespoon of vinegar before cooking (I used apple cider vinegar b/c that is what I had on hand) and they tasted just like salt and vinegar chips. They were yummy.

    ReplyDelete