- Yield Serves 6
- 2 large celery stalks
- 1 medium kohlrabi bulb (8 ounces), trimmed and peeled
- 1 small pomegranate
- 3 1/2 cups mizuna (3 ounces) or other tender, bitter salad greens such as arugula or dandelion
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, thinly slice the celery and kohlrabi. Cut kohlrabi slices into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
Halve pomegranate; remove enough seeds to yield 1/2 cup (reserve remainder for another use). Add seeds, celery, kohlrabi, and mizuna to a serving bowl.
Whisk together vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, and mustard. Whisking constantly, add oil in a slow, steady stream; whisk until emulsified. Toss with salad.