Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hello and an easy okra recipe!

Hi, my name is Alexandra and I am a LFFC member in Philadelphia. My favorite thing about getting a weekly farm share delivery is the challenge of coming up with recipes to use up all of the wonderful produce. I've also been introduced to many new vegetables through my membership, some of which have become my new favorites. One veggie I love in particular is okra. I love it in Southern stews and gumbos, and Indian curries but my new favorite okra recipe takes very little prep work and cooking time.

Okra "French Fries"

Wash Okra pods

Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and a bit of garlic powder- all things to taste

Spread on a baking sheet in a single layer

Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, until browned and crisp

Dip in ketchup- or as I like to do- dip in ketchup spiked with Sriratcha sauce!

You will be amazed at how much these remind you of french fries!

No comments:

Post a Comment