This delicious blueberry pie recipe comes from A Hint of Honey blog.
1 Pie Crust (the author suggestions a sweet all-butter double pie crust)
4 cups fresh blueberries (Don’t have enough blueberries? Try substituting black raspberries!)
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ teaspoon lemon zest
¾ cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling on top (optional)
3 tablespoons cornstarch
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter, cut into tiny pieces
1 egg + 1 tablespoon water, whisked (for the egg wash)
1. Prepare the pie crust. Roll out half of the dough into a large round and place in the bottom of the pie pan. Set in the refrigerator while preparing the filling.
2. Toss the blueberries and the lemon juice in large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk to combine the lemon zest, sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the blueberries and toss to coat. Transfer to the dough-lined pan. Dot with butter.
3. Roll out the second half of the dough into a large round and place on top of the filled pie. Trim the edges, leaving about 1 inch of overhang. Crimp the edges to seal. Cut several small slits in the top for steam to vent. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until the dough is firm.
4. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Before placing the pie in the oven brush the top with the egg wash and sprinkle with sugar (optional).
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour before serving.