Roasted Summer Vegetables with Feta
makes one serving (you can easily double, triple, etc. this recipe for additional servings)
2 T olive oil
1 T balsamic vinegar
1 T brown sugar
1/2 t dried rosemary
1/2 t kosher salt
1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small zucchini, diced
1/2 red onion, cut into quarters and chopped
1/4 C feta cheese crumbles
1 C cooked quinoa or grain of your choice
1. In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
2. Add the chopped and diced veggies to the bottom of a glass baking dish.
3. Pour the vinaigrette over the veggies. Gently shake the dish to make sure all the veggies are evenly covered by the sauce. Flip any tomatoes so that they are cut-side up.
4. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and gently toss. Roast for an additional 10 minutes, then gently toss again. Let roast for an additional 10 minutes, then remove from the oven.
5. Serve the roasted vegetables over a bed of quinoa (or couscous, rice, etc.) and top with feta cheese crumbles.