Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sauteed Pea Tendrils

From Matt Armendariz, mattbites.com


This is my favorite thing to do with these little babies. And by "do" I mean "not much". You'll only need a few ingredients and because it's so simple I'll leave the measurements up to you. I like to add a hint of garlic to the pea tendrils but because their flavor is so subtle I try not to overpower them.


Ingredients


Pea tendrils, a handful or so, rinsed and chopped into 2 inch pieces or so

Some olive oil

Garlic clove, cut in half

A sprinkle of sea salt

Chili flakes, if you like heat



Directions


Rinse and chop the pea tendrils. I like a rough chop as I like to see the little curlies in the final dish. In a skillet heat a little bit of olive oil and the garlic halves until the aroma and essence of the garlic is released; remove the garlic clove from the pan and save for later if you'd like. Add the chopped tendrils and saute until they cook slightly, how long will be up to you. But for pete's sake, don't overdo it, you want them barely wilted and still flavorful and crunchy! Serve with a tiny sprinkle of sea salt and maybe chili flakes if you want a little bit of heat. But like the garlic, don't overdo it!

No comments:

Post a Comment