Adapted From: Serving up the Harvest
2 pounds (12-16 stems with leaves) red, green or rainbow chard, leaves cut into one-inch ribbons and stems diced
2 T olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 shallot, minced
pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
salt and black pepper
1 package (30 oz.) frozen cheese-filled ravioli
1/2 c freshly grated Parmesan
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the chard stems and boil for 2 minutes. Add the leaves and continue to boil until just wilted, about 30 seconds. Remove the vegetables with tongs or a slotted spoon and drain well.
2. Bring the water back to a boil.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, shallot and red pepper and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the chard and continue to saute until heated through, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the ravioli to the boiling water and simmer (do not boil) until the ravioli are all cooked through and rise to the surface of the water, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
5. In a large serving bowl or platter, combine the ravioli and chard and toss together. Sprinkle with half the cheese and toss again. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and serve.