Blue Hokkaido Squash grown by Organic Willow Acres, ready to be packed in the shares this week!
Evan found this delicious-looking Hokkaido squash recipe (courtesy of NibbleDish.com) and wanted to share it with you this week!
Hokkaido Squash Tart
100 grams of whole wheat flour
80 grams of wheat flour pinch of salt
60 grams of butter 5-6 tablespoons of buttermilk
400 grams of cleaned Hokkaido squash, steamed, skin removed
50 grams of cleaned celeriac, steamed, diced
½ cup ricotta cheese
1 tomato, sliced
½ cup grated hard cheese
2 eggs, beaten salt and pepper chopped parsley
1. In big bowl sift both flours, add salt and chopped butter, bit by bit, mix, add butter milk, knead dough till it's smooth and uniformed.
2. Keep in refrigerator about 30 minutes.
3. Roll your dough and put it in a round tart baking tray; place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. In the meantime, blend the celeriac and Hokkaido squash; add eggs, ricotta cheese, parsley and half of the grated cheese. Mix until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake dough about 10 minutes in preheated oven, in 180 C degrees.
6. Remove from the oven.
7. Pour this filling over the dough, and top with slices of tomato and sprinkle with the rest of the grated cheese.
8. Bake about 30 minutes or until golden in color.