Hot Pepper Jelly
Recipe can be scaled up or down, keeping the same proportions.
2 cups finely chopped peppers (mixture of 1 bell pepper and deseeded hot peppers), remove excess moisture by draining chopped peppers in a sieve
½ cup apple cider vinegar
1 packet Suregell pectin (1.75 ounces)
2.2 cups granulated sugar
If you plan on using the jam immediately, it is sufficient to sterilize jars by filling clean jars with boiling water, emptying, and letting drip dry on a clean tea towel. If you plan to store the jam, follow usual sterilization and canning principles.
1. Put peppers, vinegar and pectin into saucepan.
2. Heat to a rolling boil over high heat with constant stirring.
3. Quickly add sugar, stirring well, and bring back to a rolling boil.
4. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from heat, skim off foam. Pour into sterilized jars and cover.